Bridge Over Troubled Waters - Audio History
Audio recorded history of the Bridge Over Troubled Waters sculpture on BGSU campus for the Bowling Green Music & Cultural History Walking Tour
Williams Hall - Audio History
Audio recorded history of Williams Hall on BGSU campus for the Bowling Green Music & Cultural History Walking Tour
Grand Ballroom - Audio History
Audio recorded history of the BGSU Student Union Grand Ballroom for the Bowling Green Music & Cultural History Walking Tour
First Presidential Residence
The first residence used to house a university president pre-dated the university by thirty years. It was built in 1880 by the Wooster family, early settlers to the area.
President Homer B. Williams, the first president of the Bowling Green Normal College, lived in the large farmhouse at 725 E…
Popular Culture Building
Purchased by the university in 1937 to serve as the second Presidential home, 838 E. Wooster Street was built in 1932 from a kit purchased through the Montgomery Ward catalog company.
It was first occupied by President Roy E. Offenhauer, who was killed in a car accident early in his tenure.…
Warren E. Steller Field
Named for arguably the most successful baseball coach in Bowling Green history, Warren E. Steller Field has played host to baseball games since the mid-1960s. The construction of the baseball field was evidence of another effort by the University administrators to upgrade the sports facilities…
Industrial Education & Technology Building
The construction of the Industrial Education and Technology Building in 1973 signaled a number of developments on the campus of Bowling Green State University. The building's large number of classrooms, labs, and offices would provide additional space for the burgeoning scientific community at BGSU.…
Industrial Arts Building/Technology Annex
Completed at the airfield in 1945 to be used as a hangar during World War II. Following the war it was used by the Industrial Arts Department and was equipped with a forge, iron foundry, non-ferrous foundry, classrooms, machine shop, wood shop, and photo shop.
Educational Memorabilia Center/Little Red Schoolhouse
This one-room school is a part of the University's collection of pre-1940 educational memorabilia. The schoolhouse, built in 1875, was originally located in Huron County, southeast of Norwalk, Ohio. The building was 100 years old when it was dismantled and moved to the BGSU campus, to become a…
College Park Office Building
In 1989 the Board of Trustees approved construction of a "transitional facility" to house administrative offices located in the center of campus. The vacated central campus spaces could then be renovated for academic use.Currently, College Park is home to Nontraditional and Transfer Student…
Carillon Place Dining
As the University population expanded, student dining halls became dated and worn out. Demands of students for healthier menu choices and an evolving service attitude on the part of those providing for their needs combined with a desire for ecologically sustainable buildings were a strong influence…