838 E. Wooster Street
Purchased by the university in 1937 to serve as the second Presidential home, 838 E. Wooster Street was built in 1932 from a kit purchased through the Montgomery Ward catalog company. The first president to reside in the home was President Roy E. Offenhauer, who was killed in a car accident early in his tenure. Presidents Prout and McDonald also lived in the home. President Harshman chose not to utilize the provided residence during his tenure and instead maintained a private home in the city. After the purchase of the third presidential house in 1963, the building went on to serve as the home of the alumni center and later as the home of the Popular Culture Center. It was demolished on August 10, 2012.