The UCF - Audio History
Bowling Green Music & Cultural History Walking Tour. “The UCF - Audio History.” Digital Gallery. BGSU University Libraries, 18 June 2020, digitalgallery.bgsu.edu/collections/item/39567. Accessed 28 Oct. 2021.
|Title||The UCF - Audio History|
|Subject||Bowling Green, Ohio -- Buildings, structures, etc|
|Description||Audio recorded history of the UCF for the Bowling Green Music & Cultural History Walking Tour|
|Creator||Bowling Green Music & Cultural History Walking Tour|
|Source||Music Library and Bill Schurk Sound Archives; University Libraries; Bowling Green State University|
|Coverage||The United Christian Fellowship|
|Abstract||This is the seventh segment in a 9 part audio recorded history for the Bowling Green Music & Cultural History Walking Tour, in a collaboration between the NOICA project and the BGSU Public History Graduate Certificate Program.|
The United Christian Fellowship (UCF) in Bowling Green, Ohio, was established in 1946, at Bowling Green State University and was one of Ohio’s first interdenominational campus ministries.
|Is Part Of||Northwest Ohio Independent Culture Archive (NOICA)|
|Spatial Coverage||Bowling Green, Ohio|
|Temporal Coverage||1940s - present|
|Transcription||The United Christian Fellowship (UCF) in Bowling Green, Ohio, was established in 1946, at Bowling Green State University and was one of Ohio’s first interdenominational campus ministries and was involved in the civil rights and anti-war movements of the 1960s onward. The UCF began in a church building on Thurstin from 1963-2009. It operated under the name The Common Good from 2010-2018 (at 113 Crim Street location) hosting live musical events and community outreach. |
As we walk to our next stop, let's listen to a live recording at the UCF by the local group the Orgonesplaying "Stormy" by The Jesters of Newport at the United Christian Fellowship, during a birthday party for Micah Thompson, son of Bill Thompson, former director of the UCF, on January 20th, 2001.
|Original Format||Digital Audio|