- Centennial Memories
- Gertrude Eppler portrait
Gertrude Eppler portrait
Gertrude M. Eppler, emeritus professor of health, was a member of the Bowling Green State University faculty beginning in 1941, serving as chair of the Women's Division of the Health and Physical Education Department from its inception in 1943 until her retirement in 1969. A native of Chelsea, Michigan, Miss Eppler was a key leader in the growth of the department, which expanded from a staff of three employees to 20 full-time instructors at the time of her retirement. Known for her sense of humor and dedication to the students, Miss Eppler taught classes including synchronized swimming, fencing, and fishing. The original buildings where Miss Eppler conducted her classes included the women's and men's gymnasiums, and the natatorium, now the site of the complex named in her honor.
Bowling Green State University
UA People, Eppler, Gertrude
Center for Archival Collections
University, Bowling Green State. “Gertrude Eppler portrait.” Digital Gallery. BGSU University Libraries, 14 July 2014, digitalgallery.bgsu.edu/collections/item/1569. Accessed 3 Apr. 2020.
Content submitted to Centennial Memories is available to users for private reflection, research, reflection, educational, and research purposes, not for commercial use. The original creators of materials in Centennial Memories retain all rights, except where noted. All else Copyright 2009 University Libraries, Center for Archival Collections, and Bowling Green State University.